• Writing, editing, and uploading unique online content; recruiting writers; stretching editorial budgets; mastering unique and difficult content management systems; negotiating editorial resources; fact-checking investigation; and copy-editing ninjutsu.
• Extensive understanding of Microsoft Office, Pagemaker, Photoshop, QuarkXpress, WordPress, Dreamweaver, ExpressionEngine, Joomla, Drupal, and HTML.
The New School, New York, NY; Graduated May 2007.
MFA, Creative Writing, Fiction Concentration
Fordham University, Bronx, NY; Graduated May 2005.
BA, Double Major of English and Communication (Journalism Concentration), Creative Writing Minor
Fund for American Studies, Georgetown University, Washington D.C.; Completed 2002.
Institute on Political Journalism, Summer Program
Senior Editor; March 2015 – Present.
Enstars, Claire Entertainment, New York, NY
• Directly manage the frontpage of Enstars, a celebrity, entertainment & pop culture news site.
• Oversee & manage a team of 10+ (mostly freelance) contributors based around the world.
• Plan & coordinate editorial strategy using traffic data, trending news, and upcoming events.
• Personally several pieces of original content every week.
Writer/Editor; May 2008 – Present.
Various online publications
• Work has been featured on USAToday.com, Maxim.com, BuzzFeed, Primer, Signature, & more.
• Contributor to Glittarazzi, a DC-based pop culture & politics blog, from March 2011 to November 2012.
• Contributor to Seatgeek’s concert & tour news blog from April 2014 to December 2014.
Editor; February 2011 – November 2014.
Daily Lounge, Circle F Media, New York, NY/Austin, TX
• Ran day-to-day operations of DailyLounge.com, a daily content site, including all editing and publishing duties
• Crafted publication voice and led a massive website redesign, working with designers and developers.
• Recruited and managed writers, as well as a social media manager, to create and promote daily content.
• Instituted and managed a freelancer payment system that stayed within its monthly budget.
• Planned and led the launch of a “Roundtables” section, featuring monthly live online chats with panels of experts.
Associate Editor; July 2010 – February 2011.
Made Possible, Rideout Media, New York, NY
• Played integral part in the creation and launch of Made Possible, a media startup aimed at men 25-34 with intelligent and empowering content meant for print and online.
• Wrote, edited, and uploaded content to MadePossible.com, handling all digital publication duties.
• Recruited writers, conceived ideas for features, and assisted in the overall editorial process.
Staff Reporter/Editorial Assistant; April 2008 – July 2010.
Ad-Fax Media, New York, NY
• Researched companies, formed contacts, conducted interviews, and wrote articles about breaking ad and branding campaigns, as well as overall trends in the advertising industry, under a tight twice-a-week deadline for online subscriber-based trade publication.
• Several articles were used to promote the site.
• Led several projects that required management of other reporters and their assignments.
• Learned complicated and complex content management system and oversaw website publication as “backup” when primary employee responsible was absent, then wrote a clear and concise system guide.
Staff Writer; July 2007 – March 2008.
Dealnews.com, New York, NY
• Researched and wrote “deals,” coupons, and buying guide features covering online shopping for computers, gadgets, and consumer electronics.
Editorial Intern; January – May 2004.
Interview Magazine, New York, NY
• Transcribed recorded interviews, performed basic research, and provided basic office support while gaining first hand knowledge of how an issue comes together.
Editorial Intern / Freelance Editor; Summer 2002.
USAToday.com, Tysons Corner, VA
• Interned in travel section in conjunction with Institute on Political Journalism’s summer program
• Selected stories for the section off AP and Reuters newswires, copy edited, wrote headlines, and placed articles on the site.
• Stayed on after program ended as a paid freelance editor and wrote a story for the site.
Various Positions; September 2001 – December 2004.
The Paper, Fordham University.
• Started as Staff Writer Freshman Year and moved up ranks to Co-Editor-in-Chief Senior Year.
• Oversaw production of Special 2004 Presidential Election Issue with alternate covers and editorials.
• Led transition in layout program from Adobe Pagemaker to QuarkXpress by mastering the program and then training the editorial staff.